About Our Program
At the Raymond & Ruth D. Laven Early Childhood Center, we nurture each child in a loving environment that promotes his or her social, emotional and intellectual well-being. Through developmentally-appropriate activities, we encourage individualization and incorporate Jewish values and traditions. We believe our Center is an important first step in each child's lifelong learning experience!
The Creative Curriculum
At the Laven Early Childhood Center, we use The Creative Curriculum to guide our planning and decision making process for children.
The Creative Curriculum is based on five fundamental principles;
- Positive interactions and relationships with adults provide a critical foundation for successful learning.
- Social-emotional competence is a significant factor in school success.
- Constructive, purposeful play supports essential learning.
- The physical environment affects the type and quality of learning interactions.
- Teacher-family partnerships promote development and learning.
If you would like more information on our curriculum, please visit www.creativecurriculum.net
The Laven Early Childhood Center was chosen to participate in QUALITYstarsNY, a pilot program through the New York State Early Childhood Advisory Council. QUALITYstarsNY is a quality rating and improvement system. It links universal standards with “star ratings,” which help parents access the best possible care for their child. Star ratings are based on an evaluation and assessment of practices in the following categories:
- -Learning Environment
- -Family Engagement
- -Qualifications & Experience
- -Management and Leadership
For more information regarding QUALITYstarsNY, please visit www.QUALITYstarsNY.org.