The Sidney Albert Albany Jewish Community Center offers babysitting services to those members who are using the center. Children must be between 6 months and 12 years of age. The babysitting room is located upstairs inside the fitness center.
To use babysitting, the parent must remain on the premises at all times. Your specific located is to be listed on the babysitting check in/out sheet. If you change your location, please notify the sitters.
HOURS OF OPERATION:
Monday - Sunday 8:00am – 12:00pm
Monday – Thursday 5:15pm – 8:00pm
Babysitting is a member privilege. Please abide by the policies listed below:
- When entering the babysitting room, please see one of the staff so we can check-in your child, make sure your location is correct, and receive any last minute instructions. You will also be required to sign-out your child.
- There is a limit of 10 children in the room at one time.
- In circumstances where there is only one babysitter, the limit for the room will be 5 children
- You are encouraged to bring a drink and/or snack for your child. We do not supply snacks. Snacks need to be peanut free.
- Please make sure your child has a clean diaper before entering the babysitting room.
- The babysitter will NOT be responsible for changing diapers. If a baby/child needs a diaper change, a bottle or is crying and inconsolable, we will locate the parent to come and take care of the child’s specific needs.
- As a courtesy to all parents and as a safety/health factor to the children, sick children will not be allowed into the babysitting room.
- In the case of an emergency we will call 911 and then do our best to reach the parent.
- There is a 2 hour time limit in order to allow us to accommodate as many members as possible
- Children will be released only to the parent, unless otherwise arranged with the babysitter.
NOTE: It is important that all members follow these rules and guidelines so we can continue to provide your child(ren) with a fun and safe environment.